My challenge of doing one new thing every day is more difficult than I thought it was gonna be. Yesterday I did actually practice a little bit on my Photoshop skills. The result you can see above and below. As far as the rest goes a lot of changes has happened regarding my job. Nothing negative, but just new. Changes like this sometimes create a feeling of stress. Therefor, I was thinking I would share some ideas on how to deal with stress that I find helpful.
5 ways to deal with stress:
- Relax. Lay down on your back on the floor, “grounding” yourself. Close your eyes and take at least ten deep breaths. Just feel the air go down all the way through your nose, lungs, and belly. Try focus on the way it feels, and let your body “sink” through the floor. Mindfulness is the key word here.
- Write. Grab a pen and a piece of paper, or use your computer, and just write down what you are feeling. Why are you stressed? What thoughts are spinning around in your head? Writing it down can create a sort of “release”, and you get some distance to your emotions.
- Talk. Call your best friend, you mom, dad, sister, whoever, and just talk. You can talk about how you feel or you can choose to distract yourself by talking about the weather.
- Go for a walk/run/workout. Exercising might give you a feeling of “release” as well. Go outside and breathe some fresh air, walk around the block, sprint as fast as you can across the yard, do a full workout routine or try yoga. This is my favorite.
- Make a plan. Organize your thoughts. Is there anything you can effect? Can you eliminate something in your life? Make a list of how you are going to deal with the situation, step by step. Think about your values and your goals.
Or maybe just sing/scream it out?
Remember: If you are constantly tired, having troubles getting out of bed, get panic attacks, anxiety, or anything else that just doesn’t feel normal to you, please contact your doctor. These could be signs of a real burn out and may need treatment and/or medicine.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home5/lifebyro/public_html/wp-content/themes/alika/comments.php on line 1