Today I tried something new. I was so nervous, but afterwards I felt great. I did it! I don’t care how it went, I’m just proud over the fact that I put myself out there.
This got me thinking about making changes, and doing things even though it might be scary. I thought of this quote by Albert Einstein:
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
If we want something to change, we need to change something in our way of thinking, or in this case, our behavior.
I think it’s human to want a change, that’s part of our evolution. Making a change in your life is not always easy. It takes a lot of hard work, but once it’s done, you’ll never regret it. I firmly believe that you never regret the things you did, only the things you didn’t do (unless you did something criminal, then you should regret it).
If you never try, you’ll never know.
I also believe that it’s healthy to make a change once in a while. It doesn’t have to be something major like quitting your job or start exercising daily. It could be taking a new route to work, try eating something new, making a new friend, etc. It’s your choice. Regardless what you wanna change, the process is the same.
How to make a change step by step
- Define what you want to change. Write it down. Nothing is too “silly” or wrong.
- Define your long term goal. Specify it, like “I want to run 10 km” instead of something abstract like “I want to improve my running”.
- Define your short term goals. Let’s continue on the example above: short term goal no 1: run 5 km. No 2: After 6 months, run 7 km, etc.
- Start now. Not on tomorrow, not on Monday. Today.
- Keep going. Be patient. This is the hardest part. It will be difficult in the beginning, but this is when you got to keep going.
Who am I do tell you what to do? Well, from my own personal experience, I know this to be true. It works. I also know that it can be a pain in the ass depending on what you want to change. That’s why you have your long term goals. When your motivation runs low, you can look at them and remember why you’re doing this.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/lifebyro/public_html/wp-content/themes/alika/comments.php on line 1