Did you know that cashews aren’t really a nut? Even though you’ll find them among peanuts and walnuts, they’re actually a seed from the cashew tree. Regardless, they’re awesome and one of my favorite snacks. I recently started to roast my own natural cashews because it can be tricky to find them in the store (they’re always flavored or mixed with ten other kind of nuts). It’s super easy.
How to roast natural cashews:
- Soak the cashews in water and salt for at least 1 hour (For 3 cups of water I used 1-2 tbsp salt). This is really important because it intensifies the flavor when roasted.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 190 Degrees Celsius/ 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Drain them and dry them with paper towels.
- Add some more salt. About 1 tbsp for 2 cups of cashews. Stir.
- Line a pan with a baking sheet and roast the cashews for 20-40 minutes, until golden. Stir regularly. Be careful not to burn them.
- Let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/lifebyro/public_html/wp-content/themes/alika/comments.php on line 1